11 August – Race Numbers
Due to a slight hiccup with race numbers, race numbers will start with a ‘5’, not ’10’ as per published list. The rest of your number will be the same…!
09 August – Race Day Instructions
- Please drive in to the village from the north (via turning opposite entrance to Badbury Rings on the Wimborne to Blandford Road – B3082). There will be parking marshals to direct you to the parking field. It is then a 5 minute walk to the Memorial Green when the race HQ is. Follow directions from the marshals, the signs, or everyone else. There is a map here -> Parking Map. The car park will be open from 1pm.
- Please arrive in good time for your race start time. Why not arrive earlier and support the other races, and enjoy spending some time in our picturesque village?
- Collect your race number from the tent on the Memorial Green.
- Pin your number on to your running top, and wait at the Memorial Green until five minutes before your race start time. Then walk the 200metres or so from the Memorial Green to the race start (up Stewards Lane), following the signs. We will endeavour to announce the time to start walking up to the start via the PA system.
- Parents of U10s should accompany children up to the start.
- Run fast, and with a smile.
- All you need to bring with you is a few pounds for the tea and cake tent (or a pint in The Anchor), a bit of energy to run the race and ideally a bit of sunshine.
Please see the Entry List page, for pre-registered runners up to 16:00 on 09 August.
Thanks all – see you on Saturday.
We are delighted to announce that a Wheelchair Race has been added to the race schedule. Unfortunately the online entry system cannot be amended now, so please would Wheelchair Race entrants use the updated entry form via the Entry page. Many thanks.
Our road closure notice is now in place for a completely traffic free event. The notice can be viewed here: 16.1096 – POSTER NOTICE
Kids Races – Medals
All the Under 10’s will receive a finisher’s medal! Please do pre-enter to help us with planning/ numbers. Many thanks.
The Elite race will have cash prizes, as follows:
1st – £50, 2nd – £30, 3rd – £20. For both mens and ladies categories.
17th July 2016
Entries are coming in thick and fast – many thanks to those who have entered already.
If you have decided to take part, but you have yet to enter, please do so in advance to help with race planning and logistics. This especially applies to children so we can order the correct number of medals – thank you!
16th July 2016
We have some great sponsors on board for this year’s event – many thanks to them all for their great support.
1st July 2016
Don’t forget this is a family-friendly event with a race suitable for everyone. You can enjoy tea and cake on the Village Green afterwards, the children can keep entertained in the play ground or you could enjoy a pint outside The Anchor whilst watching all the racing action!